Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Yorkers Are Survivors!

Picture your neighborhood in complete darkness, people walking around using flashlights and cop cars patrolling the streets with their lights on.....yep that's what the Lower East Side is like now a days. No power, no cell service and no hot water...some places don't have any water at all. 
Our building turned on the hot water last night...YEAH...hot showers and hot water for washing the dishes. 

Last night I made dinner by flashlight....ha!

I ended up making a chicken (which I reheated) and cheese quesadilla. 

My friend invited me over for a glass of wine and Robert insisted on walking me over.  I'm glad he did because it was scary out on the streets. 

I wore my Uggs to my friends..it was cold! Who's from CA!!

The bodega at the corner had a generator going. It was the only lite up thing on the block.
Alls you see are headlights in the night. 

One thing I realized through all of this...NEW YORKERS are survivors. They make the best of what is given to them. Ya, it sucks that we don't hav electricity or cell service or hot water...but we're making it work! I love that about the people here. I'm proud to call myself a CA New Yorker! 

No comments:

Post a Comment