Friday, September 16, 2011

We Are Tying The Knot Invites

For our invites we wanted them to be really personal so we created them ourselves. (It helps to be engaged to a graphic designer.) Robert made our silhouettes (see previous blog) and we worked on layout together. I researched printers and found a  SWEET deal from Big Tuna print an promotions. 100 -5x7 cream color 100lb paper one color front and back with RAISED printing for $142!!! Some places in NYC wanted to charge us $500. Call my girl Mia Florou 630 871-8862 or you can email her mia@bigtunamarketing.com. You'll thank me later! 

For the envelopes we went with a brown recycled look from Paper Presentation


I have to say figuring out what we were going to say was a little hard. I started to do research on what "normal" invites said and to tell you the truth I wanted to vomit after reading some of them. Everything was so over the top and our wedding isn't about that so we wrote out something ourselves straight from the heart!

"An Ohio boy met a California girl in New York City. They had big dreams and soon realized how amazing life could be if they shared it together."

For the save the date I was inspired by a post on stylemepretty.com where these people stamped their save the dates on vintage handkerchiefs. So, I got the stamp made at Casey Rubber Stamps in the East Village and we started stamping away.

Robert was a pro!

We ordered like 75 of the hankies on ebay.  


We ended up sending our save the dates and invites together. Heather (my wedding planner) said she'd never seen that done before. I think that was her nice way of saying...."Um you're supposed to send them separately." HA! I wanted to tie them with a piece of twine on to something so I thought I should tie them on to the actual invite...so that's what we did. 

This created a little tie right where it said "We Are Tying The Knot" SO CUTE right!!

We were so HAPPY with our personalized invites!!





No comments:

Post a Comment